Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Rules For Wearing A Mini Dress

Now that December is officially here, I think it's fair to start seriously planning my New Year's Eve outfit. Ever since I saw Gwyneth Paltrow sporting mini dresses on the red carpet in Cannes, I knew that I wanted to copy her classy-but-sassy look.
Gywneth Paltrow has been my personal style icon for years--my prom dress was a replica of her pink Ralph Lauren Oscar gown--and even though she's had a few hiccups (ahem, Alexander McQueen in 2002), I generally feel like Gwyneth's style choices are spot-on.
So I found the perfect dress last week (it's currently hanging in my closet, taunting all my boring regular clothes). I've tried it on several times, and my first reaction is always the same: Wow, banded bottom dress it's really short.
But is it too short? What would Gwyneth say?
There's definitely a fine line between looking fashionably edgy/chiclooking like you made a serious error in judgement (i.e. you forgot the bottom half of your outfit), but I believe GP would admit that flirting with disaster is the point of the mini.
Even soI'd like to agree on a few ground rules before we officially give this trend legs.


Read more about body con dress on top sites:

dressaday
dressupgirl
simplydresses